Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Bob Saga: XXXI: Destination Brooklyn?



Written 27 October, 2010

The Bob Saga

XXXI: Destination Brooklyn?

When I arrived at the House of 1000 Pleasures, Sweetie immediately sent me a message with her personal hugger.

Sweetie would like to warm you up in front of all your blog readers. Press (Y) to accept.

I pressed Y, of course. And no, I'm not posting photos.

"Well, we knew they were going to flatpack poor Bob," she said. "We just didn't know where they would send him."

"That has to be the biggest box Ikea has," I said, "and still his feet are sticking out."

"No," said Sweetie, "There's one bigger."

"The one for the Volvo truck?" I asked.

"No," she said. "The box for Abba's golden hits."

"You see where the box is being shipped?" I asked.

"Of course," she said. "Brooklyn. Where else could it be?"

"Well, Brooklyn is Watching has sort of have had it in for me since I destroyed the state of Second Life art as they knew it with marauding robots," I said.

Sweetie quoted, "...and then on the other hand we have this piece with like these marauding robots just going crazy, and it's such a silly piece that brings in so much like popular culture silliness, but yet is so thoughtfully and carefully constructed that I think it just really-- it sits there sort of threatening to completely undermine Second Life art as we know it, basically."

"Exactly," I said.

1 comment:

Solo Mornington said...

Virtual art as we know it loves to be undermined. :-)