Saturday, January 6, 2007

High Maintenance

Written 3 January, 2007

High Maintenance

I’m a high-maintenance woman these days.

And I’m the one doing the maintaining.

I’m not talking about keeping me in the lifestyle to which I have become accustomed.

I’m talking about just getting ready to go out.

There are clothes and shoes, of course. And the chameleon heels must be color-adjusted to match the outfits. And of course the shoe forms.

Then the bling. Earrings, bracelets, ankle bracelets, armbands, necklace—not great amounts of bling, of course, for that would be tacky, just enough to look good, and of course it must match.

Bling on.

Bling off.

Bling on.

But it’s the other stuff that takes the real time.

First there’s the walk replacer. It gives me a sexy, sashaying walk I love. Lot of hip action.

Then there’s the facial emoter. I’ll write about that later.

And the handy HUD compass. I can always tell the direction. Most useful.

And then the MultiTool. This lets me go to, hug, or kiss an avatar.

Next, my AO, so I can strike a pose.

If I will need to speak in or understand other language, there’s the Babbler and De-Babbler.

And the facial lamp so I will look comely at night.

And last but not least, my MystiTool. This does a lot of things, including telling me who’s within 100 meters and giving me enhanced flying abilities. I’ll write about the Mysti, too.

Oh, and silly me. My hair. And my manicure and pedicure.

I ought to move copies of all these things to a common folder so I don’t have to go rooting around. I’ll be able to put them on bam, one, two, three.

Until I do that though, I’m high maintenance.

Photo: A high-maintenance woman.

No comments: