Friday, January 5, 2007

Chi-Chi Prescript


Written 28 December, 2006

Chi-Chi

Prescript and Postscript


If Chi-Chi (not her real name) should ever chance across the blogs that follow, I hope her feelings aren’t hurt. Most of the predicaments I’ll write about were of my own doing, caused by my newbieism.

Chi-Chi is a great person, and not at all shallow. We have, in fact, had some fairly profound conversations about, for instance, the nature of men. She has simply chosen to experience Second Life on a different level than people like me, who insist on knowing how things work and then spend their second lives tweaking textures and building things no one will ever want to buy. People like me, in other words. Chi is having a true second life, socializing and having a good time while I’m going geeky things like cleaning out my inventory or searching for a script to make lava flow. I wish I was more like her. I admire her for being her own person. And I have had a _ great_ time throughout the whole skybox experience.

-----


Photo: This woman is lucky to be Chi-Chi’s friend. And wouldn't you know it, she blinked just as the flash went off!

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Hello Cheyenne!
I love the posts about Chi-Chi and the skybox! She sounds like me. I tend to send frantic IM's when I'm confronted with the frighteningly technical aspects of second life! One of my friends recently installed a teleporter in my treehouse so I can easily enter and exit without banging my head on the branches. Or trying to fly into the door without missing 15 times. Not anymore! I can teleport with ease! I invite people over to show them how easy and fun it is! It's a comfort to me to have friends who know all about the technical wonders of SL. And I'm sure Chi-Chi feels the same way : )

Cheyenne Palisades said...

As I said, I think Chi-Chi has the purer SL experience. I had more fun before I started tweaking things!