Saturday, March 14, 2020

Adventures in Mesh Heads, Part VII: Residual Problems

This Isn't the Greatest Second Life Photo Ever Taken, But My Readers Will Clearly See the Bulge in My Clothing. This Happens Only When I'm Using Bakes on Mesh with the Lara Body.

I was hoping my friend Elysienne would figure out the Lara mesh body before I did so I wouldn't have to go to the trouble of figuring it out myself. We bought our bodies on almost the same day. But darn it, I'm home all day and have more time to piddle about in Second Life, and so Elys has been no help at all.

Kind person that I am, I'm IMing her regularly, generally while she's away, and telling her what I've learned. Meanwhile, she's errr, head and shoulders ahead of me when it comes to mesh heads. Darn it!

I seem to have things mostly figured out with Lara, but I do have two residual problems.

First, I can't manage to match the skin on the Lara body with my system skin.

On the Laura HUD here's a common sense-looking skin color grid that allows changes of  Hue, Saturation, and Luminance, but for someone familiar with pretty much the same grid in the Edit menu, moving the pointers doesn't make the changes one would expect. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

The second problem has to do with nipples. I just noticed it. When wearing clothed baked on mesh, the part of my outfit that covers the nipples shapes itself over the nipples. The nipples don't stick through the clothing, which happens sometimes with mesh; they just make the clothing bulge as it conforms to the shape of the nipples. Now that I've noticed, they're embarrassingly obvious.

I've had no luck with either problem on my own, so I'll reach out for help on one of the Maitreya groups.

No comments: