Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Adventures in Mesh Bodies, Part V: Initial Success with Bakes on Mesh

My First BOM Outfit. Wearing Aoharu BT's Cablesknit Dress with System Layers Showing. Success!

Through trial and error, I've finally grown comfortable with making outfits with the Lara mesh body. I'm using the included Save Stick, which sets the HUD properly for each outfit, preventing parts of my body being invisible when it should be showing, and vice-versa. Even the foot position is being maintained when I re-wear the outfit.

I finally worked my way through all my mesh clothing, winding up with perhaps thirty-five outfits, of which probably twenty-five are ready for prime time. In a few I stick through in places or show my nipples, requiring me to add a bra, resulting in too many straps showing--but basically, making outfits should be all good from here on out.

Having made all the outfits possible without going on a shopping spree, I found and purchased a skin for Lara. It applied easily. I chose a shade as close as possible to the system skin of my head, but couldn't quite figure out how to work the color selector. Xubi said she will help me this weekend. She knows, she said, an app that will tell me the exact color of my skin, which will help me make an exact match.

I'm not yet competent with adding clothing to the three layers (tattoo, underwear, clothing), but have managed to do so successfully a couple of times. I have more fooling around to do with that.

But success!!! at more or less figuring out BOM!

Night before last, I bought a dress from Coeur de Couture that included both mesh and system components. I was just unable to get the system layers to show. Finally, I sent a notecard to ZiLight, the creator, and she was kind enough to refer me to a YouTube video on Lara 5.0. The narrator had a heavy accent and an astonishingly wide butt and talked somewhat about her poosy, but did an earnest if confusing walk-through of Lara 5.0. Along the way I realized I needed to remove the Lara full-body alpha in order to use Bakes on Mesh.

Here's the URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXmumUX0dao&t=1473s

I tried it with a vintage Cableknit dress from Aoharu BT. The system layers (pants, jacket, shirt, ) immediately appeared--and so, it would seem, did my system skin. I've always like that skin, and was happy to see it again.

Note the White Areas Around My Nails. WTF? IDK.

I couldn't get my Lara shoes to work properly, but the dress called for my vintage Maitreya dune boots, which attached perfectly after I hid my Lara feet. My hands look a little hinky, with a white area around my nails, but hopefully I'll figure that out.

I still have a lot to learn about this mesh body, but I was say I've graduated from Notive, Grade Zero to Amateur.

LEVEL UP!

No comments: