Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Hair Fair Trauma


Whenever My Attention Wandered, Sweetie Would Hit Me with Her Demo Hair

Could it be time for the Hair Fair already? Has it been a year-- or are there several Hair Fairs?

I'm not impressed with rigid mesh hairdos, so the Hair Fair doesn't excite me, but it's fun to accompany Sweetie as she quests for the perfect hairdo. My job was to give my opinion-- even when I didn't have one.

This year the signage for females was bizarre-- the themes seemed to be junkie models...


... zombie models...


... models with names that don't seem to adequately capture them...


... uncanny valley models...


... androgynous models...


... female impersonator models...


... bobblehead models...


... trailer trash models...


... models teleported in from the 1960s...


... models with undiagnosed clinical depression...


... models on antidepressants...


... models with unfortunate green eye shadow...


.. models who were just plain bizarre...


.. and dark elven models...


A lot of the models were infantalized-- some treated as anime characters...


... some straight-up depicted as children...




.. and some sexualized...


All-in-all, I had more fun looking at the signs than I did the hair.

No comments: