Sunday, December 20, 2009

Channel Island Asylum

Written 20 December, 2009

Channel Island Asylum

I'm afraid Sweetie got a little out of control last night.

It seems the gendarmes came to talk to her about a certain incident in Paris 1900 last week. She denied even being there until they pointed out the photos in my blog post. Then she went for her katana.


They took her away in a virtual straightjacket and I had to make my way to the Channel Island Asylum to retrieve her.

It was dark by the time I arrived at the gates.
 
It was a creepy place.



Those 1940 black and white institutional tiles were everywhere.

And the staff! The less said about them, the better.



The place was mostly empty...

I guess because of the new meds.


and the staff cutbacks.


Some of the things I saw were... disturbing.

Are those... body bags? It's hard to tell in the gloom.

I have to say, though, I was impressed by the baked textures.

But where was Sweetie?

This pigeon wasn't a stoolie. He had nothing to say.


Neither did this guy.


I was so upset I turned over a table.


That nearly got me admitted.

I finally found her here, on a locked ward.


We made our escape in a UPS truck.

No comments: