Monday, November 30, 2009

Some of My Favorite Websites

Written 1 December, 2009

Some of My Favorite Websites

So, you're wondering where I've gone those times when I'm not responding to your IMs or chat?

Odds are I'm off canoodling a website.

I COULD be shopping for computer stuff at Cyberguys or Frys or NewEgg. I COULD be checking the news on Huffington Post or the weather. I COULD be on XStreet or the Second Life website.

But I'm not.

No, instead I'm laughing my ass off at the Second Life anti-fashion blog What the Fug?


...or its real life equivalent, People of Wal-Mart.


Or maybe I'm looking at the bizarro cleverness of home repairmen and women at There, I Fixed It!


Or at Astronomy Picture of the Day...


I might be buying high quality music on Amazon:


Or bidding on something exquisite on eBay.

I might be furthering my education on YouTube.

I might even be looking at this hard to describe website by George Hutchins, a (in his own mind, at least), candidate for the U.S. House of Representatives. It's a train wreck of a website, and like any train wreck it's utterly fascinating. This guy is clearly DSM certifiable. I'm thinking Narcissistic Personality Disorder (301.82). I mean, he manages to conflate his candidacy with, among other things, the Alamo, the Rough Riders, and Windsor Castle.


He wants to repeal the Civil Rights Act of 1964; and, by the way, he welcomes minorities to vote for him. So maybe I should add a second diagnosis: Delusional Disorder (297.1).

By the way, if you read closely, you'll realize this guy doesn't have and seems to never have had (except for a stint in the military) a job. I wonder if he lives in his Mom's basement.

Oh, and he has a big problem with gay male homosexuals (his term). Not hard to read between the lines here.

Sweetie found Mr. Hutchins' site via Bob Cesca's awesome (formerly goddam awesome) blog and she was absolutely mesmerized. Hours passed. Hours!

So anyway, the next time I ignore you, you'll know where I am.

I'll be at Mr. Hutchins' site, looking for more gems like this one:

"Since the year 1979, I have been TRAVELING the World and America for Answers."

No comments: