Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sweetie's Third Rez Day Party





Written 5 July, 2009

Sweetie's Third Rez Day Party

OMG! Sweetie has been in Second Life for three years!

And I'm coming up on three years myself.

Three weeks before Sweetie's rez day I made and sent out fancy invitations. That was too early, I know know, for when I reminded everyone a few days before the affair, almost everyone had made other plans. I now know the SL attention span is one week and in the future will be sending out early invitations later.

Because so many people couldn't make it, we posponed the celebration ands set it to coincide with our Independence Day celebrations.

We started the day with a dance in the pavilion at 1800 meters. When we were all hot and sweaty we adjourned to ground level, where Sweetie set off an orchestrated display of fireworks for our friends and for the folks who had come in response to our events announcement.

We took a break and did it in reverse order, with fireworks first, followed by dancing.

The fireworks were breathtaking, and, as you'll see in the photos following the fireworks, the pavilion was amazing, lit by Sweetie's lighting tricks.

My thanks to our friends who could come, and to those who couldn't because of real-life holiday commitments, but who checked in.

Above are pictures of the fireworks over Whimsy Kaboom (we seated the avies on a platform at the gardens on Whimsy).

2 comments:

Marnix Malifozik said...

Wish I could have been there. Sorry I couldn't make it, ladies :(

Timezones are a necessary but preclusive device.

Tycho Beresford said...

Sorry I missed it Sweetie! Hope it was Great!