Monday, July 14, 2008

A Three-Donut Vacation: XXXII. The Sweetie and Chey Fan Club


The Whimsy Hard Hat is a Rare and Valuable Collectible.
This One Recently Sold at the In-World Sotheby’s for $135,000L




Written 12-14 July, 2008

A Three-Donut Vacation

XXXII: The Sweetie and Chey Fan Club


“You there,” said Sweetie. “In the cockpit. There’s been a change of plans.”

The captain turned in his chair and peered through the open cockpit door. “Sweetie?” he said. “Cheyenne? SWEETIE! CHEYENNE!”

“Judge Camper!” we cried.

“That’s Captain Camper to you,” he said proudly.

It was our old friend, the chair-camping judge from the trial Sweetie vs. The United States of America!

“You’re a pilot now!”

He puffed up his chest. “I took the 178 Lindens I made for sitting in that judge chair during your trial and bought a blue uniform with lots of brass buttons,” he said. “Then I just hung out at the regional teleport hub until someone got finally got up from a flight captain’s camping chair, and here I am!”

“You’re CAMPING?” I asked incredulously. “Right Now?”

“Sure, but the rate! I’m making five Lindens every ten minutes! That’s sixty Lindens an hour. SIXTY LINDENS AN HOUR! Say,” he said, “I’d better not be talking to you gals. It seems some meanies have hijacked this plane and are demanding they be landed some place called Whimsy.”

“That would be us,” I said, “and our plans have changed. We’re not going to Whimsy any more.”

“Okay, then,” said Captain Camper cheerfully. “Where to?”

And his chair said:

Boeing Flight Pilot’s Camping Chair, Deluxe Model: “You have just earned five Lindens for sitting in this chair for ten minutes. You have earned a total of 5012 Lindens.”

-----

“This is your captain speaking. We’re now passing over Paris 1900. If you look to your left, you’ll see one of the many virtual Eiffel Towers in Second Life.

“Folks, you’ll notice we’re making a turn to the left as we pass the tower. That’s because we’re coming to a new heading. It seems our hijackers will be diverting us to a Second Life landmark sim, the infamous Black Swan. This will add perhaps 30 minutes to our teleport time, which means 15 lindens earned for me in this captain’s chair, woo hoo!. To make up for the inconvenience, the flight attendant will be handing out double donuts today. Enjoy.”

Diva gave him a dirty look, then dutifully pushed a stainless steel cart into the passenger section. Seconds later she returned in a run amidst a hail of donuts.

“Captain,” she said, “Steerage is revolving! I, uh, mean the passengers in Tourist are rioting!”

A thin, nervous-looking man wandered out of the Tourist section. “I’ve been elected spokesperson,” he said. “We were promised peanuts. We want peanuts. There are some very unhappy people back there, and there’s going to be trouble if they don’t get their peanuts.”

“Attendant, do we have any peanuts on board?” asked the Captain.

“Yes sir. We keep them for cases of donut allergy, but there aren’t nearly enough to go around.”

“Distribute them. And look on SL Exchange for some sort of free, copyable non-pastry snack.”

She looked away for a second. “Uh, all I could find were some Lucky Charms,” she said. “I ordered them. and I already have a blue box telling me they’re here.”

“They’ll have to do,” said the Captain.

“Mmmm, Lucky Charms!” I said.

“They are,” said Sweetie, “magically delicious. Like me!”

Diva gave her a dirty look, then went back to pass out the cereal.

I said, “Did you notice that guy was wearing a Whimsy hard hat?”

“I did,” said Sweetie. “and a Sweetie & Chey t-shirt.”

“What a nice coincidence!” I said. “to have a member of our fan club on board. Let’s go back and say hello to him and maybe give him a publicity photo.”

I parted the curtains separating First Class from Tourist and Sweetie stepped through. I followed, bumping into her, for she had stopped abruptly in the aisle.

“Oh, my god,” said Sweetie.

“Oh, my god,” I said.

Tourist was awash with yellow Whimsy hard hats and gaily-colored Sweetie & Chey t-shirts.

2 comments:

Tanarian Brenaur ferch Owain fab Bran (Davies) said...

When I finally get myself in gear and get over to Whimsy, is there any chance in Krispy Kreme that I could find my own Whimsy hardhat and Chey&Sweetie T-shirt?

Cheyenne Palisades said...

Hey there! We have Whimsy hard hats. You'll find them at the entry. The t-shirts, though, they've been held up by customs at the border. Not sure when we'll get them, something about lead in the paint on the design. :(