Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Three-Donut Vacation: X. We are Go for the Mission! (Except for My Shoes)


Houri Chey

A Three-Donut Vacation

X. We are Go for the Mission! (Except for My Shoes)

“Okay,” said Tozh. “I’ma tell you what I’m’a gonna do.”

We had hit an additional half-dozen boutiques, with the net result that Sweetie had purchased three hats and a pair of shoes and I had succumbed to temptation and bought a fat pack of a dress that looked horrible when I put it on. We had seen nothing suitable for a fashionista breaking-and-entering.

“I wouldn’t do this for just everyone,” Tozh said, “but I owe you two. You were kind to me when I was a noob, and I like you both a lot.

“I have two outfits that are special to me. I think they’ll work just find for your purpose. But they’re one-of-a-kind. You have to promise to take good care of them and give them back to me when you’re through with them.”

“Cross Sweetie’s heart and hope to die,” I said.

“This one," said Tozh, “is for Sweetie. It was made specially for me by Ginny Talamasca.”

“Which Ginny?” asked Sweetie. “The new one or the one who…”

“The late Ginny,” said Tozh. “She was a most special person. Back when I was in my Picasso period she saw me and made an outfit specially for me. Knowing your discerning tastes, I think you’ll be happy with it.

Chey, I think this one-of-a-kind from Fashionista Fair will suit you.” She dropped an outfit on me.

-----

I watched Sweetie as bits of her new gown began to be appear.

“This is beautiful,” Sweetie said. “Or I think so, anyway. It’s still rezzing.”

“I was high bidder for your outfit, Chey,” said Tozh. “It set me back 40,000 Lindens.”

“OMG!” I said. “That’s like…”

“Yeah,” said Tozh. “With the way the dollar has depreciated over the last few weeks, $3800.00 U.S. So be careful with it.”

“I will,” I promised.

“I mean it,” said Tozh. “Bloodstains are notoriously difficult to remove.”

“OMG!” I said. We totally have to find shoes to go with our outfits!”

“I bought shoes for Sweetie’s outfit,” Tozh said, “when I wore it.”

Sweetie blanched. “OMG! This dress has been WORN?”

“Only for a fitting,” Tozh said hastily. “What sort of fashionista do you think I am? I’m not the kind of woman who would send you out to battle against the totalitarian forces of the Teleportation Security Authority in a pre-owned gown! Especially,” she added, “since someone might associate it with me.”

Sweetie fanned herself vigorously with a three-prim Japanese fan. “Thank goodness! I was afraid I would have to add you to my ever-growing list of people to be assassinated!”

I had been trying on my own outfit. Now Sweetie turned to me, eyes wide.

“What?” I asked.

“Since Sweetie will be doing the heavy lifting, I’ve dressed you to distract,” said Tozh.

I looked at myself! Good grief!

“I look like a houri,” I said.

“Indeed you do,” said Tozh.

“Woo hoo!” said Sweetie. “Sexy! No one will even notice me.”

“You’re sort of hard to ignore,” I said, “but I accept the compliment.”

2 comments:

Grrdo said...

What a great story! More please!

Cheyenne Palisades said...

Glad you lik it, grrfo! I am only relating the true details of the donut-TSA conspiracy. Perhaps one day we will no longer have to take off our shoes at the airport. :)