Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Three Donut Vacation: VII. Whatever Does One Wear When Engaged in Espionage?


Dangerously Overworked Poseballs at the House of 1000 Pleasures



Chey and Amazon Sweetie. My Apologies for the Quality of the Photo.
The Film was Mysteriously Fogged When Going Through TSA Inspection at a Teleport Hub.
Note the Height Differential. Chey stands 6'10" high with shoes and hair.
Sweetie is Like What? Nine Feet Tall?


Written 23 June, 2008

A Three-Donut Vacation

VII. Whatever Does One Wear When Engaged in Espionage?


“Time to plan,” said Sweetie.

“That’s right,” I said. “We have a lot to consider. What weapons will we take? Which getaway vehicle will we use? And we’ll need to case the joint.”

“No, no, no,” said Sweetie. “You’re forgetting the most important thing.”

“That being?” I said.

“What will we wear?”

“Oh, that’s right!” I said. “A fashion opportunity like this doesn’t come along every day!”

-----

So many gowns, so little time! And we had to make the best choice so we would look ravishing when photographed, if caught.

The floor of the House of 1000 Pleasures was littered with boxes and our inventories were a mess. Of course, Sweetie’s inventory is ALWAYS a mess. That’s why she so often wears snippets from three or four outfits. She’s not mixing and matching. She’s just grabbing what she can find. And yet she always seems to make a fashionista statement.

“How about this?” I asked, twirling around.

“It’s a beautiful outfit,” said Sweetie, “but you could never get that huge prim skirt through a doorway.”

“Probably not,” I said, “but it would make a great parachute.”

“More to the point,” said Sweetie. “What do you think of my outfit?”

“It’s perfect,” I said. She was wearing her Amazon Sweetie shape, which pushed her height to something more than seven feet, and a high hairdo with a braided ponytail that reached to her butt—quite a distance in that shape. Her hairdo and platform stomping boots added another foot to her height. She was armored from head to toe and bristling with weapons.

“Can you see out of that tiny slit in your helmet?” I asked.

“Well, duh!” She said.

“Oh, right,” I said, remembering camera position is a few meters above and behind the avatar. “Of course you can.”

“No good,” she said, and began taking off her many and varied attachments. “I won’t be exactly inconspicuous at this height.”

She didn’t stop until she was completely naked. Our eyes met and I jumped on the Resolution poseball. Because Sweetie is so often barefoot (we’re the same height, but my CFM pumps make me about 5” taller), I usually take the blue ball, but considering Amazon Sweetie’s height, I took the pink ball.

“We’re not going to get anywhere at this rate,” sighed Sweetie. It was some thirty minutes later. We’d been forced to abandon Resolution because it had overheated and was throwing off sparks. “I’ve tried on every avatar and outfit in my inventory. And that’s the third poseball we’ve ruined this week.”

I sighed. “I think we need expert help.”

I saw Sweetie’s virtual eyebrows raise. “Tozh!” she exclaimed.

“Tozh,” I said.

No comments: