Sunday, May 27, 2007

Second Life Opera



Written 27 May, 2007

Second Life Opera

As a nominally cultured person, I've been to operas before-- but Friday marked my first opera in Second Life.

I got an invitation from my new friend Lahua Lamington, who came to Pele last week. Lahua is from the Big Island in Hawaii, and had some nice things to say about Pele-- the volcano goddess, not the volcano, although she had nice things to say about the volcano anyway.

What the heck, I'll just talk about that and blog about the opera another time.

We've been making jokes about Pele demanding the sacrifice of the occasional virgin. Lahua told us Pele instead likes to be treated with respect and kindness and isn't bloodthirsty at all-- although she can get almighty angry.

So maybe we'll cut it with the virgin jokes.

Never could find a virgin, anyway.

No comments: