Thursday, December 28, 2006

Where Goest Love?


Written 27 December, 2006


Where Goeth Love?

Where goeth a successful relationship in Second Life?

I don’t know.

I do know some SL relationships have transcended the simulation, growing into real-life dating and even marriages.

And I know some SL relationships will always remain in SL.

And where goeth our relationship?

I don’t know.

And I’m not sure if it’s really important if it even crosses over into real life.

It may, of course, and I would be lying if I were to say the thought of that happening doesn’t excite me.

Statistically, it’s not likely.

Geographically, it’s not likely.

Age-wise, it’s not likely.

And perhaps for other reasons, it’s not likely.

I do know, after knowing my lover for more than a month (that’s three years in Second Life time), and being with her for a week, that both in RL and SL she (let’s just pick a gender and stick to it, shall we?) appeals to me on all levels. I find her endearing—plucky, vulnerable, fierce, confident, bold, shy, talented, loving, giving, and, most of all, and perhaps best of all, irreverent and funny. She just rocks, and I am happy to rock with her, wherever that rocking might take place.

On Pele, in Second Life, or in the United States, on Earth.

-----

Photo: Sunset at Pele

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Another great post! I asked these questions too. But I know what I want now. Just have to work out the technical details and find out if he wants the same things. How exciting!

Melissa Yeuxdoux said...

I'm very happy for you, and hope for your happiness whatever happens.