Friday, February 16, 2024

Annie's Texas Rose

More than ten years ago, when Sweetie and I visited the pub of our friend Hunny Spiritweaver, the DJ on duty was Annie Mesmeriser. We made brief acquaintance that night and other nights when she was spinning, but went our separate ways. 

Then, a few years ago, and this time I don't remember where, Annie and I met again. This time we became fast friends. I showed her our regions and for some months Annie hosted dances at the platform 1850 meters above Whimsy. That platform had no name until Annie suggested one: Chey's Lounge. That's a pun, I say, that's a pun, son. 

Chey's Lounge


Chaise Lounge, Indeed. We Victorians Lay Claim to the Name

Annie owns a great machine that creates neon lights, and she made the sign two images above and gave it to me. I liked the machine so much I bought one for myself. 

Two years ago, Annie moved her Texas Rose listening room to the northeast corner of Whimsy. There, late on Wednesday nights, she hosts what I can only describe as a salon for music. She spins tunes of her choosing and caps the night with an album while she and a small group of loyal listeners enjoy her selections and chat among ourselves--often about music and musicians, but really about everything and anything--and then sometimes we just listen in silence. I can only describe these weekly delights as a musical salon. Her visitors are music lovers with extensive knowledge and personal histories, and the banter is witty and informative. 




Check out the delicious decor! The Texas Rose is small, but there are hundreds and hundreds of things to look at! I'm always discovering something new. It all means something to Annie, and it resonates with all who come to listen.


 Annie's knowledge of popular music is extensive and covers any number of genres. She is especially fond of the blues and of contemporary female singers, but one never knows what one will hear. I can't tell you how many tunes I have purchased after having first heard them at the Texas Rose. She has introduced me to some extraordinary music. Annie haunts the website Bandcamp, where she routinely discovers new artists.

Annie plays every Wednesday at 8 pm LST on Whimsy. If you find yourself in the mood for good music and good conversation in a civilized setting, feel free to drop by.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Whimsy/204/158/30

No comments: