Monday, August 1, 2022

Love Train

I'm Perpetually Concered the Piglets Will Get Into the Garden

I'm Perpetually Concerned the Piglets Will Find Their Way Into the Garden


 Several years ago, I ran into an visitor to Whimsy. His name was Eyeclectic. He was wearing a steampunk top hat and was fascinated with the little area behind the sea deck on Whimsy Kaboom. There I have a little wooden pen with two cute little animated piglets I picked up at Jian and a splendid vegetable garden from Golden Years Stormfront in the Tableau region.

Warning! Aside Coming!

Let me just say I adore Tableau! My first visit, many years ago was immediately after the big volcano erupted and ate the sim and Tableau had been redecorated as a desert. I wish I had seen that! I've always been obsessed with virtual volcanoes, as you will know if you have ever visited Whimsy. If you've NOT visited, Whimsy, please do. Pele is a peaceful goddess of destruction and rebirth and will not harm you. I promise.


Hollywood Isn't The Only Place With a Sign in the Hills

So, continuing my aside about Tableau, it's wonderfully put together, and I love the stores there. It's the place to shop if you're looking for an aged avatar or a luxury septum ring or kitschy sunglasses or a tiara. I really miss the Paper Couture store. As its name implies, the clothing there feels like actual couture. Fortunately, although the store is gown, the products remain. Just search Ava Lui's store on SL Marketplace.

End of Aside

Whew! Now that aside's out of the way, I'll tell you about Eye. He sends a good deal of time on Whimsy and Kaboom because he takes the time to experience it. Sometimes visitors breeze through and miss the humor and the beauty and the lights and the sounds and the interactivity. I suspect they're much the same way in real life. The go through life without ever actually experiencing it.

Eye is pleasant and eccentric, which is just the way I like 'em. He is particularly enamored by two things on the land: Callie (more popularly known as Nessie), our traveling sea monster. Callie is a bit irritable when avatars approach her, but I think she likes Eye. He's still with us, so she must! You can try your own luck with Callie; just visit Whimsy Kaboom at ground level and eventually you'll see her swim by. Don't miss the many humpback whales and other wildlife while you're there.

The other thing Eye loves is the Whimsy train. In real life he operates a nonprofit called Hearts Coming Together which features Love Train journeys. He often recreates those rides on Whimsy, and it does my heart proud.

In my next posts, I'll link to two videos Eye created that feature the Whimsy train.


You Just Know These Guys Will Play Havoc With the Garden If They Manage to Escape!





No comments: