Thursday, September 26, 2019

In World Again

Robot Sanatorium with Rosie's Head Retracted. For scale, the platform just to the left of center at the bottom is 15 meters wide. When I came into world after a long absence, I found the head in open position.

It should have been closed, like this.

I've been spending time in world after being absent for too long.

Our regions Whimsy and Whimsy Kaboom have been ticking along without supervision for several years now. I left the volcano Pele's lava suspended 40 meters above the caldera when I vanished, and put it back immediately. Otherwise, things have been fine in my absence.

Oh, every once in a while Kitto Flora's little steam train takes a powder. When that happens it sends me an IM and I log in and track it down and send it home, but that's about it for emergencies.

Wandering around and looking at things in detail, however, I've discovered some things that needed attention. Somehow, some time, for instance, I managed to paste a texture onto one face of a big three-prim bamboo plant. Oopsie! Delete.

I found several wandering fish who were no longer wandering and deleted and replaced them. I found that gulls I had rezzed weren't free-flying, as I had thought, and were anchored to a central prim where wasn't phantom. I had left of these center prims several hanging a meter or so in the air, and, invisible as they were, they were an obstacle for those walking on the beach. I raised some and lowered some and all was good.

The roof of the robot sanatorium was missing, or, rather, had been lowered and didn't return to position. I'm not sure how that happened, but I put it back. I'll need to take a look at the script and fix it.

And I discovered the hand that rises from the ticket booth at the robot sanatorium cinema had vanished. I found it hanging in the air some 50 meters below its assigned position, returned it to its rightful place, and tweaked the script to send it home after every up and down movement to make sure it wouldn't wander in the future.

That's not too shabby for two years of non-maintenance.

2 comments:

iCookie said...

I have been to this place. Its very cool. I miss the good o'l times

Cheyenne Palisades said...

Thanks, iCookie!