Saturday, July 24, 2010

Tweaking Callie


Callie the Sea Monster, in Dry Dock While Being Retexturized

Written 24 July, 2010


Tweaking Callie

For the past year Virrrginia Tombola's wonderful sea monster Callie has been faithfully patrolling the environs of Whimcentricity, following a route laid out for her in a notecard.

Callie is ferocioius, but her skin texture was a bit rudimentary and her color was godawful green. Sweetie and I always talk about retexturing her, but have never gotten around to it.

This morning Sweetie and I were working on scripts that rotate prims. I tell you, rotations in Second Life make me want to tear my hair out. Well, not really, but when do get to a point where I need to go take a nap. I work out a lot of problems while sleeping.

Anyway, since Sweetie had called me all bubbly this morning and wakened me at the ungodly hour of 10:30 am our time, thinking about rotations fried my brain and I asked that we stop.

I did think I could work on texturing our sea monster, though, so I pulled a copy out. I found a nice skin for her in one of my organizers, Sweetie applied subtle color, and now, as you can see, Callie has a new look.

Above is Callie's after photo. In the photo below, you can see how she used to look.




Side-by-Side Callies

No comments: