Saturday, June 27, 2009

Courtesy at the Hair Fair

This courageous avie put her hair away for the Fair Fair.
Her Avatar Rendering Cost was 1, and that 1 came from her avatar.
Written 24 June, 2009

Courtesy at the Hair Fair

(Written Prior to the Fuck You Incident)


Mostly because of this blog post at Sasy Pants, the majority of attendees at the Hair Fair reduced sim load by removing all attachments, even hair. It was extraordinary to see people who would usually be loaded up with attachments and carrying an avatar rendering cost above 5000 set aside their cooler-than-thou fashionista looks and walk around bald-headed with an ARC of 1.

I’m much too vain to appear bald in front of others, but I wore my simplest, lowest prim hair and system pants and shirt and walked barefoot as Sweetie and I explored.

Had the Hair Fair’s blog not asked people to cut down their personal load on the Hair Fair sims (and had it not showed them how), the Fair would have been a disaster. Instead, even as laggy as it was from the continual presence of 50 avatars, the Fair was manageable. Kudos to the planners of the Fair, and double kudos to those less vain than I who removed their hair for the event.

4 comments:

Peter Stindberg said...

http://analutetia.com/blog/anatomy-of-lag/

ARC has nothing to do with lag. ARC is an arbitrary number that tells you something about your PC, but not about lag.

Cheyenne Palisades said...

Peter, you are SOOO pedantic. In a good way. :)

All those prims that cause the ARC certainly do contribute to sim lag.

Tycho Beresford said...

I don't blame you for not taking off your hair. Maybe what SL needs is a Ruth/Casper mode, where you can force yourself to be nothing more than a whispy cloud.

♥ Lolita ♥ said...

I went I put on the Lag outfit that the fair provided and I looked umm.. interesting. *Giggle* Ok I looked UGLY! But I finally found the one hair place I was looking for bought my hair and TPed my UGLY butt out of there. It took forever to walk around but it was worth it. I might try again now that it's been extended. But I will change this time first before I try to TP over.