Friday, November 2, 2007

Rez Day Party






Written 29 October, 2007

Rez Day Party

My first rez day was the 24th. I’ve been in world for one year.

That’s RL years. So I’ve been in world for maybe 12 Linden years, which are considerably shorter than dog years.

Poor dogs. We tell them a year is five months and they fall for it, every time.

“Master tells me I may live to be 80. That’s an inconceivably long life span. Pant, pant. ‘Scuse me, I see a bush that needs peeing on.”

My avatar is aging gracefully, it seems. No wrinkles yet, although there’s a slider for them in Appearance if I ever feel the need.

Sooo, as I had a birthday, I decided to celebrate.

And since we didn’t celebrate Sweetie’s rez day back in June, and since our friend Peter had his rez day while I was out of town, I hired a DJ and sent out notices and on Sunday at 3 pm LST we had a blowout.

If you can call 15 avatars a blowout.

That was about the turnout I had hoped for. Many of our friends and all three of my Second Life brothers came and my RL friend and SL celebrity Pam Havercamp. My old friend Dodgeguy Woodward also showed up, and with a date. Woo hoo, DG!

We danced to music from the 70s and 80s and 90s and just generally had a grand time at the Dragon Skybar.

The photos are by Peter Stindberg. I was too immersed in IMs to take pictures. Thanks, brother mine. That's a great photo of us dancing together.

I’d like to thank everyone who showed up, and DJ, Bobby Fallon,  especially, for doing such a great job DJing—an on short notice, at that. He was more than pleased by his tips, so thank you, everyone, on his behalf, for your generosity. (I will plug in his name when I am at my home computer).

Thank yous to my brother Mordecai and his Kacy (now my sister) for the great cabin cruiser, and to my new friend Cake for the gift certificate (can’t want to go shopping at Last Call) and to Cillian for the flower and to Tozh for the great prim statue.

And thanks to Sweetie for being Sweetie.

1 comment:

Melanippe of Themiscyra said...

I'm so sorry I missed it! Umm... assuming I would have been welcome. It was an odd week for my motivating spirit, and we have fallen behind on your journal.