Friday, August 10, 2007

How Very, Very Strange!

Written 10 August, 2007

How Very, Very Strange!

I turned in early last night (for me), perhaps 1 pm.

I woke at 2:00 feeling as if I had slept all night, and for some reason, even though the house had become warm since I had the air conditioner off (We are in a 100 degree F. plus streak of weather. 100 degrees is an absolute rarity in Atlanta, surprise, surprise! It rarely breaks 95, although it can be almight muggy! Atrlanta's weather is more civilized than that of places like Washington, D.C., which is far [although IMO not far enough] north of here.)

Anyway, I woke at two, after only an hour or so of sleep, and managed to sleep another hour and forty-five minutes. Then I was awake and of course I logged onto Second Life.

I mean, who wouldn't?

Strangeness of strangeness, Forsaken was running perfectly. The time dilation was consistently .98 (had been running .83 or so), and frames per second and physics FPS were both consistently around 44.5. Scripts were running at 17k.

So, although nothing happened on the land from the time I went to bed and the time I awoke, Forsaken, which had been sick, was running just fine.

Of course, both Dreamland and Linden Lab will blame the poor sim performance on me and the other residents-- but clearly, there's something going on at the Linden Lab level.

Don't you think?

Don't you?

No comments: