Sunday, May 13, 2007

The United States of America Vs. Sweetie: I. The Raid

Written 11 May, 2007

The United States of America vs. Sweetie

I. The Raid


They came in the middle of the night, those jack-booted thugs from the Teleportation Security Authority, and took my Sweetie away. No charge was specified. Of course there was no charge. They said only that it was a matter of national security, and that if I didn't butt out, they would take me too.

Pele was upset, smoldering and erupting, and dropped a huge block of magma on a guy who was being particularly rough with Sweetie, squashing him flat. His Kevlar vest was no protection.

What can I say? Pele was being invaded—and despite what the TSA says, Pele is a sovereign nation-state. And so I resisted. I pulled out the RPG Patrice gave me and blew three of them away before I was myself orbited by a shot to the back. Typical TSA tactics.

By the time I managed to get back to the ground, they had taken Sweetie to some secret TSA dungeon on a vampire or post-apocalyptic sim. Or worse yet, to Gor. I am once again without my Sweetie.

Photos: No photos. Those TSA Bastards confiscated my camera

No comments: