Friday, April 27, 2007

Wishing Well




26 April, 2007

Wishing Well

Maybe I shouldn’t have turned it up that high.

But then again, maybe it was the right thing to do.

It all started with Sweetie.

Everything starts with Sweetie.

One day, shortly before being excommunicated from the internet, she suggested making a well that would toss avatars into the air.

That’s my Sweetie for you. Her mind is always at work, devising schemes that are ridiculous and sublime.

So while she was gone, I built a nice little well, right in a tight curve in the rail line. I textured it and even made a little bucket and rope.

And then, just below the water line, I stuck in a trampoline.

I don’t know where the trampoline came from; one of those free things, I guess. It’s a lot of fun; you jump on it or even walk into it and it tosses you as high as 150 meters into the air.

Way cool.

So now Pele has one dangerous well!

I made two signs cautioning avatars not to jump into the well. But of course they will.

Hehe.

-----

Alas, my Sweetie has never seen the well. Nor has she seen the Pele rail depot or the various stations, or the finished rail layout, or the little pond I made and filled with spring peepers.

In fact, Sweetie has never seen very much. Her world has been mostly composed of gray blobs—and now that she has a video card that actually lets her see, what happens? Her laptop goes into the shop and she loses the Internet at her house.

How can someone lose a whole Internet? But that’s my Sweetie!

Of course, she’s already told you the story of how that happened

I guess she who frolics with dragons gets burned.

All I can say is, thank goodness for telephones!

No comments: