Thursday, April 19, 2007

Pele Main Station




Pele Main Depot and Entrance to the Metro

Written 19 April, 2007

Pele Main Station

Last night I made the main depot for Pele.

I didn't want to use a lot of prims, but I wanted to catch the look of the old art deco theme of the Metro in Paris. So I simplified it, and here's what I came up with.

I found the actual fonts used on the Metro, but wasn't willing to lay out $.99 US for them.

I think I'll do another version similar to the original. And on the new land, i think I'll make one of the rail lines a subway. How cool will that be?

1 comment:

Melissa Yeuxdoux said...

Should be easy enough to mimic; pick a sans-serif font and use all caps, with selected letters taken from a condensed version at a larger size such that the width matches the regular smaller size.