Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Talon is a Sweetie!

Written 18 April, 2007

Talon is a Sweetie!

My friend Talon Sidek left the most wonderful comment on my blog. I just have to reproduce it here.

Thanks so much, Talon!! It's just so beautiful!



Talon Sidek said...

Standing in Pele, waist deep right now, but it's useless. Pele knows the truth.

It's empty and quiet here right now. Only the wind and the bubbling of the caldera.

Hoping for somebody to show, anybody, even the Dutch. I fly to the beach to check on the Orca, and even she senses your absence. She floats sadly and aimlessly in the lagoon, ignoring the dolphins playing nearby.

The train tracks are silent, empty, and the peacock calls to me from below, begging me to provide the least little bit of relief from the silence.

The east beach is thankfully not so quiet and the crackling fire and crashing waves restore the warmth in me.

Exhuberance is still. I sit on the swing at the edge of the water and listen to the wind chimes. They sound as lonely as the Orca and the Peacock. A sad and rhythmless tune.

They miss you here, Chey. Come back and play with us, they say. Awards are nice, but Pele calls to you "Don't stay away too long."

I'll sit and listen to the chimes a little longer, then throw myself once more into the Caldera.

And hope...

April 13, 2007 10:27:00 AM PDT

No comments: