Saturday, July 12, 2008

A Three-Donut Vacation: XXXI. Stargate




The Wormhole at Black Swan

Written 12 July, 2008

A Three-Donut Vacation

XXXI: Stargate


“We have to find the portal,” said Sweetie. “The Stargate. The place where they jump between worlds. The wormhole.”

“I read the Linden’s blog about it,” I said. “They didn’t give the location of a wormhole.”

“Jeez, it could be anywhere,” Sweetie lamented.

“Let’s look at it rationally, I said. “Maybe we can figure it out.”

“It could be on any of the forty or so IBM sims,” said Sweetie, “but perhaps the name of the sim will help us narrow it down. It’s unlikely to be, for instance, at IBM Healthcare Island or IBM Learning Center.”

“Yeah, I said. “IBM Collaborative would be a better bet, or IBM Telco Solutions.”

“A lot of those sims are closed to traffic,” said Sweetie. “:( :( :(”

“It might be in a Linden area,” I said. “What do you think? Maybe on one of the very first sims. Zoe, or Freelon, or Stillman, or Natoma.”

“That’s a possibility,” said Sweetie, “but you know, I think wherever it is, they’ll have to disguise it. It might be in a big building, like a hangar, but more likely they’ll use some sort of natural feature for camouflage.”

“How big are wormholes, anyway?” I asked.

“No clue,” said Sweetie, “but this is Second Life. You know it’s gotta be big and splashy and overstated and probably made of sculpted prims just to show building prowess.”

“You know, I said, “that rather sounds like—”

Our eyes met. “Black Swan!” we both cried.

No comments: