Friday, January 18, 2008

Toys


Bottom: My Bouncy Castle, $155L

Written 18 January, 2008

Toys

Day before yesterday I built one of those bouncy castles. They have them at every McDonalds in the land, an inflatable plastic structure in which children can jump up and down as if on a trampoline, but without the dangers of a trampoline.

I've seen Second Life versions of bouncy castles. In fact, someone on the Ponderama sim is advertising them in The Avastar for $2500 Lindens! Primmy (68 or so), and way expensive,
and, so far as I can tell, it bounces exactly like mine (which is priced at what, $155, and with only sixteen prims!). One-tenth the price, which I thought might be too much, since there are now and again free classes on how to build bouncy castles.

So I took myself to Ponderama to check out the competition and see what, if anything, caused their bouncy castles to be worth $2500L.

The $2500 bouncy castle does let you adjust the level of the push, which is something I had already decided to do. After all, what fun is it if you can't turn a Bouncy Castle into a Bouncy Castle of Death? I suppose the big plus for the expensive version is it's uglier than mine, which is itself  pretty ugly. But then again, if I made mine too ugly, the Dreamland police will raid Pele in the middle of the night and take away my bouncy castle. So I used due restraint.

Anway, I like making toys-- teeter-totters, merry-go-rounds, elephant rides, wells of death, avatar barbecues. I suppose I should be making more jewelry (and that is indeed on my to-do list) because I can make more money with it, but Second Life lets me do whatever I fancy. And sometimes I fancy making toys.

And that's why the store is called, ta dah!-- Flights of Fancy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweetie sings... I love to Bounce, I love to Bounce, I love to to bouncy bouncy bouncy bounce. I love to fly and tumble smile and yell and bounce.. YAY!!!!!!!