Tuesday, January 22, 2008

My Belated Singing Career

Written 22 January, 2008

My Belated Singing Career

When I first came to Second Life, I had a notion that I might become a performer-- a singer.

After all, I had sung and playted guitar for my supper in real life, and after all my real life friends, who perform in SL under the names Bill and Pam Havercamp, were making a good go of it.

I have sung and played in SL-- once as a mic test to be sure I was streaming, and once in voice in a round robin, but I have done nothing to launch my planned career as a performer.

Well, not NOTHING. I bought a very nice Samson condenser USB mic and a shock mount, and have it positioned over my desk on a mic stand with a boom. So I'm ready to go.

I just haven't went. I've not even tested the mic.

I own land. I have a stage at Pele. I have a guitar. I have a mic. I can rent or borrow a stream. What's stopping me?

I'm not sure. Maybe I should schedule a performance and see if I make people run screaming.

2 comments:

Peter Stindberg said...

I'm looking forward to it.

Melissa Yeuxdoux said...

I'd run--in the direction of the venue so I could listen, of course--but I wouldn't scream.

Seriously, let us know when you bite the bullet and do it.