Sunday, February 11, 2007

Foolish Papery II, Why Do I Care?

Written 7 February, 2007

Foolish Papery

II: Why Do I Care?


Why have I taken the time and made the effort to blog about an abusive situation that never really developed? Why do I bother? Why do I care?

Because of the Relationship

I cherish my relationship with Sweetie above all things, and will not allow it to be demeaned, insulted, and assaulted. This thing between me and Sweetie is rare and beautiful, and it’s sad Steph Li won’t allow herself to see that.

Because of Sweetie

I worship Sweetie and I don’t want her subjected to needless pain.

Because of Me

I think highly enough of myself that I won’t be criticized or rebuked or suffer the abuse of fools.

Because of Others

I bother because I know of and am horrified by the ridicule, bullying, and discrimination visited upon millions of gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered people around the work.

I’ve never considered myself a lesbian, but I’ll wear the name proudly if it affronts Steph Li and her ilk.

I care because I care.

No comments: