Thursday, November 12, 2009

Whimsy's Reptiles

Written 13 November, 2009

Whimsy's Reptiles

When I was in grad school I was assigned to work at the snake lab. I didn't mind; I had always liked snakes anyway. I ended up doing my thesis on the feeding behavior of garter snakes.

So perhaps it shouldn't come as a surprise that Whimsy has a lot of reptiles (and one amphibian).

Here's a brilliantly textured monitor lizard from Animal Island; it can be found in the lower gardens.


The rear limbs aren't showing, but it's just the camera angle.

Here's a color-changing chameleon, also from Animal Island. Touch him and he just might eat a fly for you. He can be found on the steps leading upwards from the lower gardens.


This serpent is from Animal Island and lives in the lower gardens.


The upper gardens tortoise is from Animania; he will pull his head and limbs into his shell if you touch him. Animania sells another tortoise that walks around.


I forgot all about this alligator and nearly lost a leg. He comes from Animal Island and can be found near Mr. Tiki.


I bought this frog in my early days in Second Life, way back in 2006, so unlike most of Whimsy's animals, he is made from regular prims. He lives in a waterfall pond on one of the paths that lead to the upper gardens.


No comments: