Saturday, November 28, 2009

Don't Panic!

Written 28 November, 2009

Don't Panic!

"But Mr Dent, the plans have been available in the local planning office for the last nine months."

"Oh yes, well as soon as I heard I went straight round to see them, yesterday afternoon. You hadn't exactly gone out of your way to call attention to them, had you? I mean, like actually telling anybody or anything."

"But the plans were on display ..."

"On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them."

"That's the display department."

"With a flashlight."

"Ah, well, the lights had probably gone."

"So had the stairs."

"But look, you found the notice didn't you?"

"Yes," said Arthur, "yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying 'Beware of the Leopard'."

-- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams, 1979

I think the above perfectly sums up the resident feedback process for Linden Lab's decision about XStreet. I found it in the comments to a post on the subject in New World Notes. The author is the always witty Crap Mariner.

Meanwhile, after massive pullouts by merchants like myself, the content on XStreet remains as classy as ever:

No comments: