Saturday, August 4, 2007

Camping for Couture

Sweetie in a Defleur Outfit, Overwhelming Me in a Moment of Temporary Weakness. :)


Defleur's Charcoal Queen

Defleur's Bloodbird CAT

Defleur Mini in Peacock Pattern
Written 4 August, 2007

Camping for Couture

When I was new to Second Life I sat in a camping chair for exactly ten minutes. That's how long it took to earn $2L, and I was going nuts by the time I earned it. I swore I would never do it again.

And I haven't.

Until the other night.

Awhile back Sweetiei and I went to Catwalk City and found a place called Defleur Designs. The gowns there were exquisite, and reasonably priced at about $550 Lindens for the top of the line models-- expensive enough to make one think about spending the money, but inexpensive enough to make you decide to do it. And the dresses are stunning.

The come with veils for the Gorean-minded, which displeased me. I throw them away as soon as I unpack the boxes and then empty the trash.

The other night I went to Defleur's main store to see if there were additional designs, and found two camping chairs.

And not just ANY camping chairs. These chairs required you to sit for far longer than ten minutes, but the awards were worth it-- a $250L outfit after on hour, a $500L outfit an hour later, and a $550L outfit the hour after that.

So for two nights I took Cheyenne to Defleur Designs and sat her butt in the chair and went to bed.

I got five of the six outfits, because for some reason my computer lost connection-- but it was a dress I already own.

I got quite a wardrobe for sitting in a chair for a couple of nights while my human operator slept!

I gave several of the outfits to my darling Sweetie, and wow, does she look good in them!

The address, for those who don't mind sitting, is Gold Coast (239, 53, 22).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great find!! Ill have to check that out soon!! Are those dresses transferable?

Corgi said...

How do you keep from getting logged out? Is it your Mystitool?

Cheyenne Palisades said...

Yep. Transferrable.

Yes, the Mysti has an anti-afk function. There are lots of gadgets, some of them free, that do the same thing.

Or go to Client menu < Character > Character Tests > and untick Go Away / AFK While Idle. :)

Anonymous said...

JCNY Jewelry also has camping chairs that give out very nice items at the 2, 4 and 6 hour marks. There are about 6 different combinations; last night I was able to get a very nice platinum/diamond cross necklace. They also have lucky chairs with some of their items on them, including very nice earrings.

Anonymous said...

I'm still camping, in fact, I have some list of camping spots. Everyone is welcome to check it out but my list don't have item camping chairs only linden dollars. :(