Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Worlds Coming Together: Part I

Written 31 March, 2010

Worlds Coming Together

Part I

My faithful readers may remember Sweetie was convinced the Opryland Hotel in Nashville is a place where Earth and Second Life intermingle.

My job was to gather photographic evidence.

My investigation centered on the immense conservatories.

When I say immense, I mean immense!


The spaces didn't look at all dissimilar to conservatories in Second Life.



The vegetation was lush...


... as is Second Life's...


In fact, many of the plants were the same:



Here's a photo from the hotel with one of Lilith Heart's baby banana palms GIMPED in, added to the hotel's own banana palm:


Lilith's plant is on the left. I left it a shade darker so the two plants would be easier to differentiate. If I had taken more time with the edging, the two would have been virtually indistinguishable.

The hotel had plenty of particles. Fountains...


... and waterfalls...


Things of course lacking in Second Life. No, wait!



The bridges and structures were even the same. Why, they even had that freebie gazebo I carried around in my inventory for so long!



By the end of the first day I had documented the physical similarities of the worlds.

On Day Two, I would turn to the details.

No comments: