Thursday, March 4, 2010

On the Ice

Written 4 March, 2010

On the Ice

I'm absolutely fascinated by curling. I'm not sure why. Perhaps it's because it's a cross between bowling, archery, billiards, air hockey, and housecleaning. Maybe it's just the broom action. Whatever, the reason, I love it. I looked forward to the Winter Olympics and was crestfallen when curling wasn't televised.

Damn you, NBC, for not showing curling. And damn you for cancelling Medium! You of all corporations need all the psychic help you can get!

Considering my curling jones, I was happy last week when Sweetie dragged me to a winter sim with a promise of curling. The sim? Meeting Support.

There was a curling course, but the game didn't seem to yet be set up. Fortunately the land was set to build, so I was able to rez some curling stones and set them to physical and set up my automatic sweeping brooms to get some cleaning action going. Try as I might, however, I was unable to push the rocks all the way down the course. Finally I gave up and explored the rest of the sim with Sweetie.

It was a quite fabulous place, with a ski lift and a cog train to get you to the top of the mountain, a balloon tour, slalom and downhill ski courses, and a superduper zipline with custom poses.

The zipline was the most fun.

Sweetie went first. Initially, she behaved herself...


... but she was soon doing tricks.



I, of course, would NEVER endanger my life by behaving in such a foolish manner!



Here I pass Sweetie in mid-air. And which one of us is being foolish?


I rest my case!

The animations on the zip line were just super, even to the little jig we did every time we successfully crossed the chasm.

Here I am on the ski lift:


And here we are on the tour balloon:



1 comment:

Melissa Yeuxdoux said...

I regret that I am able to tell you that CBS picked up _Medium_; it's on Friday nights after _The Ghost Whisperer_, though it's not certain whether it will be renewed for the 2010-2011 season.