Friday, June 12, 2009

The Zen of Landmarks

The Defunct Playboy Sim Will Linger in the Memories of Men Everywhere
Written 11 June, 2009

The Zen of Landmarks


Sweetie and I were talking about my colossal achievement of having sorted through more than one thousand landmarks. I was lamenting all the places that were no more.

I needn’t have worried. It seems Sweetie had been pondering the issue of broken landmarks, and had developed a theory about them.

Call it the zen of landmarks.

“So long as a single landmark exists somewhere, no place is gone. It’s still there, in the ether, in our hearts,” she said, giving me a serene look.

To preserve all these vanished places, Sweetie has decided to create a landmark conservancy. In that way, Svarga, Pioneer Space, and that sex club you liked so much will endure forever.

No comments: