Monday, June 1, 2009

How Tiny Empires Nearly Cost Me My Relationship



Written 1 June, 2009


How Tiny Empires Nearly Cost Me My Relationship


Or


Be Careful Not To Type Things In the Wrong Box

Sooo, Sweetie and I were building at 4000 meters.

No, no, no, it all began yesterday, when we visited friends who had just acquired a homstead sim.

No, I take that back. It began the day before, when we were supposed to visit them and they got crazy stupid in a frenzy of decorating.

I guess it doesn't really matter when it started.

But it nearly ended today, and all because of Ta Ta DAAA!  Tiny Empires.

I played the HUD_based game  T.E. for a while a year or so ago, but eventually put it away. Our friends play, and we talked about it a bit during our visit. While we talked, I put on the HUD. I was happy to see I was still a countess and astonished I had a subject!

But when I checked again that evening, I had been demoted to a marquise! A marquise! Dammit!

So I was wearing the HUD tonight while Sweetie and I worked on an orientation and visitor center high in the sky above Whimsy. I bought two acres and became a countess again (whew!). As soon as I got my promotion, I received an offer to abandon my leige and move my little virtual virtual fiefdom from the house of Lothlorien to the house of Avondale.Simultaneously, I got an IM telling me a bribe was on the way.

I said no, then thought about it, and IMed my briber,  "If I come, will those under me come too?"

Except I typed it into an open IM box with Sweetie.

If Sweetie had been anyone but Sweetie, I would be a single woman right now.

2 comments:

Peter Stindberg said...

You still play that? I remember when you started to play it and let your avatar logged in 24/7 to gain some points. That was SO annoying...

Cheyenne Palisades said...

I did that once or twice, Peter, sheesh! Most of the time when I'm on and afk it's because I forgot to log off before going to work or to bed.