Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Weekend (Stalled Once Again in SL)

Written 6 September, 2010

Labor Day Weekend (Stalled Once Again In SL)

Throughout my first year or so in Second Life, it was unthinkable to be away from the keyboard for (excepting sleep) more than a few hours.

Nowadays I find entire days passing with my logging on only to check Whimsy for errant prims.

My super secret project is near completion, needing only a debugging of the movement controls and the hooking up of a HUD controller unit (and, Sweetie insists, more comfortable and stylish seats)-- and I've barely looked at it for a week. Oops! Did I just give away its nature?? I've not even been in a mood for dropping by the Violet or Moose Beach infohubs to see twentysomethings act profoundly vacuous and stupid. I've not even been able to maintain interest in the mahjong table up at the sky pavilion.

I'm in a state of Second Life ennui.

Not a worry. It's happened before, and will happen again. I had an intense burst of creativity, and now, I suppose, my serotinin levels are low or something.

I am, happily, writing, but I've little to blog about here, since I've been such a vacant-head in Second Life.

So if you don't hear from me for a week or so, it's merely because I've nothing to report.  Move along, folks. Nothing to see here.

I'm having a grand time with Sweetie. We've had a lazy, happy holiday weekend, excepting a trek a couple of miles up a mountain to see some old iron mines on Saturday afternoon. Four or five hours on stony, steep paths left us footsore and happy to lie in bed and watch My Lovely Sam Soon, a most enjoyable South Korean drama. You can stream the series for free here, on HULU, or watch it on DVD from Netflix.

Recent drama. The water heater went out-- just as I was-- literally-- about to step in the shower. I just finished an invigorating (invigorating is Swedish for painful) cold water shower and a kitchen sink shampoo, with Sweetie pouring water warmed up on the stove over my head.

In other words, I'm absurdly happy!

3 comments:

Brinda said...

Gosh Chey....After 3 years plus I still get antsy if I don't come in world daily. {maybe I'm still addicted?} I took almost two weeks off in February to go to India and missed SL badly...I was able to keep up with the blog via the various hotels having Internet access.
I hope this doesn't change...but I guess it's possible.

Moirae Loorden said...

Hi Chey! I just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU for being such a dedicated blogger (we all have to take breaks now and again!) and for creating one of the best SIMS I've had the pleasure of exploring. I've spent the past day at Whimsy and just sent another two friends there today. It is so beautiful and fun!! The freebie/welcome pack is the best I've seen, thanks again! I am considering purchasing the "Mystitool"(?) and the avatar radar thingy is amazing! I had no idea such a thing existed! I'm going to write about all the fun I had at Whimsy on my blog, I hope you'll check it out! Enjoy your down time. :) - Moirae

Cheyenne Palisades said...

Thanks so much, Moirae. I just took a look at your blog and put it on my bloglist! I'm so glad you are liking Whimsy! Do take a look at our robot sanitorium on Whimsy Kaboom and the geysers and undwater laybrinth on Whimcentricity. Links are on my blog's front page :)

Brinda, the longest I've been offline so far is three days (although that was in a week away in which I logged in only for messages). Two weeks would be rough :)

When I'm not online I'm often breading SL blogs, so it's almost as if I'm in world :)