Friday, June 29, 2007

Woo Hoo, Exporting Photos


Written 29 June, 2007

Woo Hoo, Exporting Photos

I've been trying for a week to export photos from Second Life, with no avail. I must have gone through the menus a dozen times.

Tonight I just gave up and IMed my friend Patrice Cournoyer, and she told me. Just open the photo or texture, wait until it rezzes, select Save Texture As, and save it to disk as a TGA. Change the forma
So here is a photo of Sweetie's as it really looks and not as it looks as a photo of a photo pasted onto a prim.

4 comments:

Bitter Chocolate said...

Exporting photos from SL is such a pain...what program do you use for converting? I have a freebie version of omniformat which allows me to do the work eventually, but makes me swear as I do so :-) I hardly ever save pictures in SL anymore, I keep saving them to my hardrive and uploading them in world later.

I love Sweetie's work! Does she have a Flickr?

Cheyenne Palisades said...

I only just learned this, but you can directly export from SL. Make sure a texture or photo has full perms, open it, and from the file menu select Save Texture As. It will save directly to disk. There I can load it into GIMP or Photoshop Element or the program I use for viewing, ifranview.

I use Quark XPress for making signs.

I'm working on being able to do alphas, but can't quite seem to get there.

Cheyenne Palisades said...

Sweetie is setting up a Flickr site. But she is so busy it may take her a while. I keep telling her it's easy, but she is busy building a house and running around being a dragon and being a social butterly and jumping on pose balls with me, so it may be a while. :)

Anonymous said...

oh thank you!
xo