Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Kill the Wabbit!





Written 13 June, 2007

Kill the Wabbit!

The first two times Sweetie and I journeyed to Paris 1900 we didn't make it to the Moulin Rouge.

The third time was the charm.

I dressed appropriately for the period, I think (Photo 1; note the bored look!), even wearing a big hat.

In fact, the hat was so frigging big it was scary. Check this perspective! (Photo 2).

The M.R. was fabulous. Empty, but fabulous (Photo 3).

Sweetie being a performer, nothing would do but she get backstage.

Unfortunately, the way backstage was blocked by a "security device."

I won't embarass the maker by naming them, but they should be ashamed. All it was was a huge prim turned alpha.

Sweetie and I simply sat on the prim (Photo 4; Sweetie's true identity has been concealed), and then stood up and we were in the interdicted area.

Once backstage, it was me who was strangely affected. Overcome with the urge to perform, I whipped out the Athama I bought from Robin Wood and, making facial expressions with my emoter, began to perform Wagner (Photo 5).

Or, rather, Warner Brothers' spoof of Wagner from the old Looney Tunes cartoons.

You know, "Kill the wabbit! Kill the wabbit!"

In my best Elmer Fudd voice.

"Hehehe. Be vewy, vewy quiet! I'm bweaking into the Mouwin Wouge."

No comments: