Friday, April 29, 2011

Day Pass


Written 29 April, 2011

Day Pass

Starring Cheyenne Palisades
With Sweetie in a Special Guest Appearance as the Robot
No Automata Were Harmed in the Filming of This Epic

So, one of the patients at the robot sanatorium, having been on its best behavior for six months, earned a day pass. And there being no staff present (visitors having every one opted to become robots instead), guess who got stuck with the job?


Does the nice robot want to go lie on the beach at Whimsy?

No.

Does the nice robot want to go hang out and paint one another's toenails?

No.

Does the robot want to go to a concert?

No.

Well, what does the damn robot want to do?

Robot wants to stimulate its accelerometer. Robot wants to go to the amusement park and ride the roller coaster.

And not just any roller coaster. It wants to ride the big roller coaster.

Sorry, I don't know where that is.

Wouldn't you know it, the smug creature has a landmark at hand and drops it on me, and I have no choice but to take it to ride the damn roller coaster.

How did it go? I'll show you in pictures.


This is a pretty nice coaster.


Maybe this won't be so bad after all.


Perhaps I should have sat in front, in case it throws up.
Do robots throw up? I hope not.


Yeah, I should have sat in front. It's hard to see past its big-ass head.


At least it's behaving itself.


Wups! Spoke too soon!


Hey, you! Down in front! Down!


Down, I say!


This time I'll sit beside it to make sure it keeps its seat belt fastened.


Is that a cold metal hand on my leg?


So far, so good, except for the hand-on-leg thing.


Wait a minute! Wait a minute! What am I doing?


I'm not believing I'm doing this!


Okay, this time I'm in front and the robot rides in the back.


I'm thinking this is gonna work...


How are you doing back there?


OMG! Is it getting out of its seat?


Yes it is, and so am I!  OMG! OMG!



Jeez, is that a HANDSTAND? Yes! Yes it is!


I am gonna be in sooo much trouble if the damn robot falls out!

I'm never ever gonna ride a roller coaster again!


So, robot, wanna go around just one more time?

No comments: