Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Bob Saga XXXII: Neelix Nesselrides In

Written 28 October, 2010

The Bob Saga

XXXII: Neelix Nesselrides In

"Chey, it's Neelix. Chey!"

"Sorry Neelix, I've no time for an interview. Sweetie and I have a hot lead to Bob." We were just about to jump to Brooklyn Is Watching.

Before I could close the IM box, Neelix said, "That's why I'm calling. It's Sleezy. She's been acting... strange."

"Strange how?" I asked.

"Like a... she's been acting like a journalist!"

"OMG," I said dryly. "Imagine that!"

"No, no, it's not at all like her. She's an on-camera airhead, like me. Journalism is just something with which she has no experience."

"Well, good for her if she's changing," I said.

"I need your help, Chey, and you owe us from Sweetie's trial."

"Yes, I suppose I do," I said. Their inept coverage had done much to further confuse an already confusing prosecution.

"I've been following Sleezy around," Neelix said. "She's up to something, and I don't like it. As addlepated as she is, she's my partner and I've grown used to her. I don't need things messed up because she's suddenly gotten ethics or something."

"Uh, Neelix, we have to get to Brooklyn is Watching, and right away. I've promised to end this thirty-something part farcical storyline by Halloween, and there's not a moment to waste."

"Don't bother," he said. "They disincorporated. Something about Second Life art having been destroyed by marauding robots or the like."

"I disavow all involvement, I said.

"I'm at their new place," he said, and sent a teleport taxi.

No comments: