Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Bob Saga XVIII: A Spy In Our Midst

Written 11 October, 2010

The Bob Saga

XVIII: A Spy In Our Mist

"Sweetie," I said.

"Yes, love?" she said. We were lying on our free cuddle seat at our House of 1000 Pleasures, watching the giant snail races on Treet TV. Sweetie never misses a race. I think she's betting on the sly.

"I noticed something about the postcards," I said.

"Did you know Diva is taunting us with the writing materials?" she said. So far I've identified marzipan, marshmallow, creme de coconut, licorice, and maraschino."

"About the postcards..."

"The font she's using is called Cheyenne. I think she's trying to cast blame on you," she said.

"The postcards have no stamps," I said.

"But I don't for a moment think it's you," Sweetie said.

"No stamps," I said. "I was wondering why we got two on postcards on Sunday and suddenly it came to me."

Sweetie hit herself on the forehead with her hand (fortunately not the one holding the katana). "No stamps! How could I have missed that?"

"You were too busy tasting the handwriting," I suggested.

"No stamps means Diva isn't using the Linden Postal Service," Sweetie said.

"Yes. The postcards were all hand-delivered."

"Did you see who gave them to you?"

"They were dropped on my profile," I said, "by someone named Notorious Henchman. I assumed it was the mail carrier."

"Hmmm," said Sweetie. "Fourteen days old. No groups. No profile picture or text. You know what that means, don't you?"

"Yes, I said. "A newbie."

"No," she said. "An alt. I'mSoNotADiva Bartlett has made an alt.

No comments: