Friday, June 20, 2008

A Three-Donut Vacation: III. Watch This!


Sweetie's Gucci Holdup Bag


Our Life of Crime Netted Us Many Fringe Benefits


Written 19 June, 2008

A Three-Donut Vacation

III. Watch This!


We were back at Whimsy.


“Watch this,” said Sweetie.

She opened a three-way IM box to me and Nonna Hedges. “Thank goodness she’s online,.” Sweetie said in chat. And in IM: “Nonna, did you hear the news?”

“About the robbery? It’s all over SLTV. Do I know you?”

“No, and let’s keep it that way. Did you hear what the robbers were wearing?

“One of them was wearing my gown,” said Nonna. “The nerve!”

“How are sales?” asked Sweetie demurely.

“Come to think of it, way up. Say, who is this?”

“Let’s just say I own a certain famous Nonna Hedges gown.”

“What do you want?” asked Nonna suspiciously.

“Oh, nothing,” said Sweetie. “Just wanted to let you know it was us. And to tell you we’ll both be wearing Defleur when we pull our next job.”

“You can’t do that!” said Nonna.

“We can’t?”

“Well, I guess you can,” admitted Nonna. “But please don’t.”

Sweetie winked at me. “I’m afraid I don’t have another Hedges gown.”

“Well—well, we can fix that! I’m dropping my entire line on your profile right now. To both of you!”

Sweetie said to me in chat, “Now for Defleur.”

-----

Disclaimer: 1. Remember, this is a fictional blog. We have to tell you, however, that Ms. Hedges and Defleur gowns are absolutely fabulous. 2. Nonna Hedges was not actually contacted for this blog, nor is she open to blackmail. Nor is she engaged in outrageous criminal schemes to promote her gowns through guerilla marketing. Didn't we just tell you the blog was fictional? Duh!

No comments: