Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Happy Birthday, Chey!






The Selene. Alas, I Was So Busy Having Fun I Forgot to Take Photos
Of the Antics With My Friends


Written 19 August, 2008

Happy Birthday, Chey!

Yesterday was my RL birthday. And what a great birthday it was!

My birthday actually started on Wednesday, when Sweetie couldn’t take it any longer. The box she mailed me arrived last Tuesday. Heeding her admonishment not to open it, I set the unopened package on the steps leading to my home office. But on Wednesday, Sweetie (and let’s face it, Sweetie is NOT the most patient avatar in the world) Sweetie was eager for me to see my present.

“But it’s not Friday,” I said teasingly.

“Open it!” she demanded.

I did. It was a Space Navigator, a donut cutter-shaped device that opens new possibilities in three-dimensional navigation (you can, for instance, use it to twirl a prim around and around! Watch Torley Linden’s videos to see it in use).

Woo hoo! What a great present!

My birthday ended last night, when a group of friends, Sweetie, and I had a grand time turning ourselves into mechanoids and touring the robot sanitorium and the earth orbit display 3000 meters above Whimsy Kaboom.

I ended the evening by flying friends about in my birthday present to myself—the Selene, Carrah Rossini’s great airship. It’s beautifully textured and wonderfully scripted, a 160-prim vehicle that actually flies! See it here.

Although I did nothing at all in RL, it was one of my best birthdays ever!

My next birthday will be one that ends in 0. I’m not sure how great THAT will be.

No comments: