Saturday, October 6, 2007

Damn the French!



Written 4 October, 2007

Damn the French!

I've always been a champion of the French-- after all, I lived in the Loire Valley for four years when I was growing up-- but no more! Never!

Or should I say Rien!? (Or, more accurately, as Melissa Y. points out in a comment, Jamais!)

Awhile back, while shopping for pearls for my Sweetie, I bought some pearl jewelry (earrings and necklace) in a French jewelry store.

When I went home and tried them on (I may have blogged about this before) they were so strongly lit that my av was cast into horrid shadow (shown, just the earrings. It was profoundly worse when the neckace was added. I have spared my readers).

And of course the creator had set the perms so it impossible to turn off the light.

Damn the French!

I sent a notecard to the maker-- his name doesn't even show up on his shitty jewerly, so I had to go back to the store to get his info-- and I asked him for a set without the horrid lights.

He responded, saying changes in Second Life's lighting system were at fault, and, ignoring my request, sent me a second pair of horrid lit jewelry.

My Sweetie loves anything made by the French, and night before last we went to a French jewelry store she had found.

Not the same one.

I bought a pair of pearl earrings, and guess what?

Yep.

Photos show me with and without the horrid French jewelry.

Damn the French!

4 comments:

Melissa Yeuxdoux said...

Rien? Non.

"Rien" means "nothing"--e.g. Edith Piaf's anthem, "Je Ne Regrette Rien." You want "jamais".

Cheyenne Palisades said...

I know my French is atrocious. And now that I'm in my Damn the French phrase, I'm happy to be inaccurate. Will I change?

Rien!

Anonymous said...

Well... Shortcut is easy... You afforded a bad quality stuff, to a person who happens to be french...

I had the same kind of issue with an american and a chinese...

Nothing to deal with nation, but rather with the person...

Cheyenne Palisades said...

Dear Anonymous. It was a... I say it was a joke, son!