Thursday, October 25, 2007

Back on the Planet






Written 24 October, 2007

Back on the Planet

I’m home after (how many days was it; counting on fingers) 10 days on Cape Cod. And what a wonderful time it was!

For my readers who may not be familiar with Cape Cod, it’s a strip of land that forms a curving peninsula, with its base just above Providence, Rhode Island, and its tip about 30 miles East of Boston. It’s long and narrow and shaped like your right arm when you make a muscle. Think of your chin as Boston. I was at the very tip of the Cape, at the end of the curling fingers of the muscled arm, in a quaint little fishing village and resort town, and I stayed in a beautiful bed and breakfast with a hot tub (my first significant hot tub experience). I went whalewatching during the week, seeing humpbacks at a distance of no more than five meters, and ate well, and talked a lot, and laughed a lot, and had a grand time. I did a presentation on Second Life, complete with lots of pictures.

Just as I was leaving for home, I came down with a cold. It moved from my nose to my throat (causing me to sound like a frog for a couple of days) and is now happily residing in my chest, causing me to cough.

It was a great week.

The photo of the whale is mine.

2 comments:

Veronique Lalonde said...

I love P-town, and it's been way too many years since I was there. Glad you enjoyed your stay. Portuguese food, yum! Hope your cold is gone soon.

Cheyenne Palisades said...

Yum yum, Veronique, Portuguese Kale Soup. Linguica. Clams. Mussels. Scrod. Lobstah!

Cold has run it course. Thanks.