Sunday, March 15, 2020

Adventures in Mesh Heads, Part VIII: Fixing the BOM Fingernail and Toenail Issue


This Image is From Virtual Bloke's Blogpost Get Baked. It Shows the Nail Problem and the Cure Beautifully.
Bloke Went to a Lot of Trouble to Make This, and I Admire Him For it. I Hope Me Won't Mind My Use of it.

Click HERE to Read Get Baked


I remarked earlier about the visibility of the system finger and toe nails when using Bakes on Mesh with the Lara body. The system nails are mostly covered by Lara's mesh nails, but show around the edges, making the hands and feet unsightly.

I was talking with a helper at Firestorm Social about this and he gave me a link to this helpful post from the Virtual Bloke blog:

http://www.virtualbloke.com/archives/3358

I was happy to see a discussion of the BOM nail issue, and happier yet when Bloke pointed out an inexpensive--$50 L--system glove that fixes the problem:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Rose-Nail-Gloves-White-Modifiable-Bake-on-Mesh/17933441

There's also a sock for toenails:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Rose-Toe-Socks-White-Modifiable-Bake-on-Mesh/17933440

The sock and glove are white and you'll need to tint them to match your skin. They work perfectly.

To tint, go to Appearance and select Edit and then Outfit. Find the glove or sock in the menu that pops up and click the wrench icon. Click Color and, if you know the color of your skin, enter the vectors in either the RGB or HSU squares.

If you don't know the numbers (I didn't), you can click around the colored square until you get a match.

I saved a picture of my nude system body to my hard drive, loaded it into the free graphics program GIMP, and used the eyedropper tool to get the needed numbers.

My finger and toe nails are now flawless in BOM.

No comments: