Monday, March 25, 2013

We Love Curio Obscura


Sweetie and I absolutely love Pandora Wriggleworth's Curio Obscura shop. It's full of clever gadgets, priced reasonable, and the shop itself is a hoot.

Most people never realized it, but the old shop was a giant mechanical insect-like creature. Well, spider-like, as it had at least eight legs.



Visitors could drive it from a cleverly disguised control room.



When Sweetie and I visited last week, we discovered a new and larger, but still mobile stucture.


Like its predecessor, it has legs. These are fancier-- they're shod.


The head is a magnificent blend of ship's prow and Crap Mariner's head.


Inside, clanking and hissing steampunk machinery is everywhere.




I'll write about some of Pandora's great products in my next post.

4 comments:

Deoridhe said...

If you turn it to night, the eyes glow. I have an awesome picture of running away from the building with a green eye gleaming at me.

Pandora Wrigglesworth said...

Thank you for your kind words! I'm glad you like the new shop. But I should point out that the giant head on the front of the shop is me, not Crap Mariner. Crap frequently wears a skin from Curio Obscura but we are not business partners, just friends.

Cheyenne Palisades said...

Isn't that a great effect? I selected from like ten different images I had with the yes.

I was being facetious, Pandora. I figured it was you.

R. said...

... just partners in crime!

-ls/cm