Monday, March 25, 2013

We Love Curio Obscura

Sweetie and I absolutely love Pandora Wriggleworth's Curio Obscura shop. It's full of clever gadgets, priced reasonable, and the shop itself is a hoot.

Most people never realized it, but the old shop was a giant mechanical insect-like creature. Well, spider-like, as it had at least eight legs.

Visitors could drive it from a cleverly disguised control room.

When Sweetie and I visited last week, we discovered a new and larger, but still mobile stucture.

Like its predecessor, it has legs. These are fancier-- they're shod.

The head is a magnificent blend of ship's prow and Crap Mariner's head.

Inside, clanking and hissing steampunk machinery is everywhere.

I'll write about some of Pandora's great products in my next post.


Deoridhe said...

If you turn it to night, the eyes glow. I have an awesome picture of running away from the building with a green eye gleaming at me.

Pandora Wrigglesworth said...

Thank you for your kind words! I'm glad you like the new shop. But I should point out that the giant head on the front of the shop is me, not Crap Mariner. Crap frequently wears a skin from Curio Obscura but we are not business partners, just friends.

Cheyenne Palisades said...

Isn't that a great effect? I selected from like ten different images I had with the yes.

I was being facetious, Pandora. I figured it was you.

Mr. Crap Mariner said...

... just partners in crime!